you aren't wrong, CFForm does not build valid xHTML.

I know I gave up on CFForm long ago.  What is your reason for using it now?  JS
Validation?  If you want good validation, qForms is a much better way to go.  Server
Side? Roll your own.

Basically I have found that most developers eventually lose their taste for using
CFForm (as well as CFINSERT, CFUPDATE) since with ease comes lack of control (such as
providing valid xHTML) (ok, I'm a control freak).

Sandy Clark

>I'm trying to build pages in xhtml for the first time, and when I use CFFORM
>(and therefore <cfinput tags), when CFMX creates the html form, it doesn't
>create valid xhtml, and the page wont display.
>
>Or am I misunderstanding what's supposed to happen?
>
>When I look at the source of the resulting page, the form's input tag is as
>follows:
>
><input type="text" name="username" size="20">
>
>when I think it should be:
>
><input type="text" name="username" size="20" />
>
>Has anyone managed for make CFMX produce valid xhtml in these tags? Or am I
>doing something wrong?
>

>Cheers,
>Michael Kear
>Windsor, NSW, Australia