After removing CFMX, look in the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE
/ Macromedia / Install Data / ColdFusion MX - remove this folder and then
reinstall. I believe that should take care of it (it's been awhile since I
had to do this so no guarantees).

chris

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com