Sean, I am in complete agreement with you that the major benefit to
using MachII will be a reduction in the cost of maintaining an
application over time. I also see the language agnostic aspects of
MachII being a big part of its value proposition, and a wonderful one
for shops that are not necessarily standardized on a single technology.

Or couse, performance should be an important initial factor in the
decision to adopt a framework for a project, especially in the case of a
high volume Web application. The cost to maintain an application is
meaningless if a project is so slow under load that no one can stand to
use it.

While I don't see anyone making a concurrent joint migration to FB4 and
MachII except as an academic exercise, I do think performance
comparisons will come out as people start moving applications into
MachII.