Brian -

Are you talking about a complete SAP solution or SAPDB? Because, either
way, the quality of the solution depends entirely on the skills of the
people implementing it. I suspect your issue is really with the people
that put it together.

My group has taken a number of our Oracle applications over to SAPDB and
the database performs beautifully. Aside from having to change some SQL,
we have run into no problems and found this to be a more effective
solution than mySql or even postGres.