The single connection for all mail on the same domain has been in iMS for a
while now. The problem is that if there are 3 people in the domain then there
are 3 messages sent on that connection. If they weren't all unique then maybe
that one connection could send 1 message to 3 people.
Howie, you know more about the core of SMTP and mail servers. Can you chime in
here?