From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 1:48 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: DWMX 2004 - Whats new for us?

> Granted, I pretty much stopped using DW when MX rolled out, but lots
of
> people love it. You can't expect MM to stop schmoozing it's
> pre-existing
> customer base and ONLY focus on CF. Seriously now, you don't want all
> those ASP and PHP folks spending their money somewhere else - the
> beauty
> of it is that all of those people who buy DW and use it to code PHP
and
> ASP are contributing to the future of MM and CF with their funds.

I disagree with the above statement. The market for ASP and PHP is
growing, while the CF market is shrinking. Certainly, there is reason
right now for Macromedia to support ASP, PHP, and CF, but at what point
does the size of each respective market force MM to focus DW on only
the largest markets, namely ASP and PHP?

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.MontaraSoftware.com