Richard,

I'm not sure, but try having a play with this function:

CFUSION_DBCONNECTIONS_FLUSH() -- Disconnects all currently connected ColdFusion
datasources

more interesting related functions can be found here :

http://webdb.ucs.ed.ac.uk/cfdocs/Administering_ColdFusion_Server/10_Configuring_Advanced_Security/admin1018.htm

Jared.