-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Churvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<<If I could impose a bit, I could use y'alls help here:>>>

<<<1) Do your applications typically require a CF mapping?>>>

I don't think there are many applications that REQUIRE a mapping, because
there are usually several ways to do anything.  If you can't use a mapping,
you can usually use relative links or some other way around.

But using a mapping sure makes many things simpler.

<<<2) How do your ISPs handle requests to create ColdFusion mappings for the
applications you host with them?  Do they refuse outright, or do they create
them for you as needed?>>>

I've had my system on a host where they simply didn't allow any changes
whatever to the default setup- don't ask, the answer's no whatever  your
question, also on a system where they didn't have a clue how to do it (yes
they were that dumb) and my present system where they're most obliging, and
willing to do everything I've asked of them so far.

I can testify that being able to have a mapping makes life a LOT easier,
specially when it comes to thinks like CFCs and includes and other ways to
reuse code.

<<<3) If you work for or operate an ISP, what are your preferences with
respect to your customers' use of CF mappings in their code?>>>

I'm not sure what the downside is to creating a mapping, apart from the
small amount of time required to do it.  Are there any security issues that
I don't know about?

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia