Hi Mauricio,

Just to give you another ISP's perspective, we have offerred
self-service setup of ColdFusion mappings through our control panel for
years.  The only "security" limitations enforced by the application are
largely common-sense:  1.)  Restrict the target of a mapping to the
customer's respective web directories;  2.)  Prohibit creation of
mappings already in use by another customer/website;  3.) Prohibit
creation of mappings already in use by our company, including
system-critical mappings, like, "/".

Nothing too scary here.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Dave