> >>I assume you are talking about Server Behaviors, right?
>
> No, I was thinking of the insert-recordset , update, insertform stuff,

Those "thingies" are actually called Server Behaviors. Not that it really
matters, but email isn't a great communication medium and agreeing on using
the same terminology helps.

> Can you generate an INSERT sql query without having to create a SELECT
> first and a FORM in the same time?

As I said, Server Behaviors are still the same. Right now, if you want to
use a GUI to generate an INSERT you still need a SELECT and a <form>.

That's why I suggested to look at the Server Behaviors Builder, if you
appreciate the benefits of a GUI (as I often do), just build your own. You
can easily teach DW to output the code you want without any need to dig DW's
APIs. The Server Behaviors is an amazing tool.

Massimo Foti
Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
http://www.massimocorner.com/