From: Massimo Foti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:29 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: DWMX 2004 Impressions

> How tough is it to build an extension of this sort?

It all depends on the level of functionality you want to reach, I think I
could hack a very crude, working thing in less than an hour, but in order to
create a polished, rock solid, fool proof tool, I could easily spend 30-40
hours

> Isn't it basically just JavaScript?

Yes, it's JavaScript, and you definitely have to know DW's APIs and some
basic DOM programming. It's not rocket science, but if you want to create
powerful stuff in JavaScript a decent knowledge and programming skills are
still required

> This is something that I need and I definitely will call Macromedia's
> Dreamweaver developers some really, really bad names if they didn't
> already include this in 2004...

Go ahead and start calling them :-)))

Massimo Foti
Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer