Generally which is better, a single method with branching logic based on a
parameter, or separate methods? Or is there no really difference and depends
on the personal choice and the situation.

I am in the process of converting some procedural code onto cfc's.  I have
several queries that where written to serve multiple purposes based on the
parameter passed to them.  Basically something along these lines...

<cfif form.new = true>
<cfquery ...>
        INSERT INTO tableA
        (Field1, Field, Field 3)
        Values (A,B,C)

</cfquery>
</cfif>

<cfquery ...>
        INSERT INTO tableB
        (field1, field2, field3)
        VALUES(D,E,F)
</cfquery>

Basicaly if the insert is a new category add category date to the category,
if it is just a new data about an existing category added it to the details
table.  How might some of you more expienced OO types design this?

Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org