> Get the children of an element, easy... get the parent of an
> element, I have
> no clue...

CFMX allows basic xml parsing in the simplest form(i.e array and structs)
If you are trying to accomlish XML Parsing in the Popular or Best ways..
I suggest you use XML DOM Parsing with Java.

You have alot functions like

getParentNode(), getChildNode etc to accomplish tasks easier..
Here is some documentation on XML Node
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/org/w3c/dom/Node.html

Joe Eugene