> > Outlook 2002 tries to "sense" these breaks and
> > remove them, but it isn't very good at it. If you can suggest an
e-mail
> > client that guesses correctly every time, I'd be impressed.
>
> What is there to guess? There either are spaces or not.

Most e-mail clients break at around 80 characters regardless of whether
or not there is a space. Surely you've seen messages where a long (80+)
URL was broken two or more lines? I whole heartedly agree that they
shouldn't, but that's the way it is (I believe mostly because of legacy
UNIX clients that don't wrap). Outlook tries to sense an artificial
break and remove it before rendering the message. However, it guesses
incorrectly almost as often as it guesses correctly. Which e-mail client
do you use, and how does it handle such lines?

Benjamin S. Rogers
http://www.c4.net/
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057