Matt Liotta wrote:

>The reason is simple; Mac OS X currently provides the best overall
>platform for Java developers. In fact, it was recently reported by the
>Java mothership, Sun, that most of their employees use Macs at home.

Actually I have been dealing with a major Java bug for almost a year now
on OS X. The LiveConnect API is not implemented properly in any web
browsers on OS X. This API allows a Java applet to communicate with
JavaScript, or the calling document's DOM. This is a major hurdle in
getting WYSIWYG editors to work on Mac's, because you can't seamlessly
interact with a web form. I've submitted several bug reports to Apple
with no avail.

Flash also relies on LiveConnect, in it's fscommand function.

Other than this problem, OSX is a pretty kickin OS.

Pete Freitag
http://www.cfdev.com/
Author CFMX Developers Cookbook
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672324628/netgig-20