> If it's a session variable, scope it as such. Otherwise, use the appropriate
> scope of the variable you're working with, such as:
>
> Regular variables: VARIABLES.blah ...

Casual tests I've done show no significant performance increase by scoping
regular variables. Undoubtedly this is because CF looks to the variables scope first.
So
I've adopted the policy of scoping everything EXCEPT regular variables. I figure that
keeps my template sizes a tad smaller and my code just a bit cleaner.

Gene Kraybill
LPW & Associates LLC
Mansfield, PA