>Oddly it seems that I am getting all the records but at the end there is
>what seems to be a blank email address. When I cfoutput the results it
>outputs the text [empty string] at the end. Seems that should be impossible
>with the LIKE email ='[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in the query . The query is ordered by email
>so
>I see this entry at the very end. I am disturbed that a blank email is
>being
>included in the query, but also disturbed that CF seems to be outputting
>the
>text [empty string] when it should just be blank!

Don't be disturbed with CF, bet disturbed with the query. ;)

You're AND-ing your NULL/blank string checks together instead of OR-ing
them. Try switching and see what happens with your query results.

Also, you should just be able to do:

SELECT emailaddress
FROM myTable
WHERE emailaddress IS NOT NULL
OR TRIM(emailaddress) != ''

That should cover all instances of blank or NULL e-mail fields. I don't know
if there's a TRIM() function in SQL Server, so you may have to do
LTRIM(RTRIM(emailaddress)) to get the same effect (I'm on Oracle, so I just
don't know that answer).

Regards,
Dave.