From: "Matt Robertson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: Auto Pinging Script?

| Doug White wrote:
| >To ping networks you have no relationship with on a repeated basis, no
| >matter the interval, is definitely a crime here in Texas, as of
| >September 1, 2003
|
| I don't think so as that definition ignores the concept of intent, but neither
of our opinions mean anything.  I have a call in to Mary Vincent, the
Coordinator for Consumer Protection at the Texas AG's office.  I've been slowly
walking up the ladder there for awhile now and they're looking this up for me.

| Your scenario would make it a crime for me to monitor the content of a web
page, determine whether it has changed and send a notice if a change has
occurred.  Again, a reasonable and ethical activity widely performed.