-----Original Message-----
From: Suyer, Ed [PRD Non-J&J] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 2:59 PM
To: CF-Talk

Nick,

Legal issues aside, I'm not sure that this test will give you any type of
*real* performance stats.  There are too many uncontrolable network related
factors involved that have nothing to do w/ an ISP's performance.

If you want to compare the bandwith of one ISP to another, I would simply
ask them what type of pipe they have connecting them to the Internet.  And
who their carrier is.  Also how many other sites are to be hosted on the
same server is yours.  Or ping this list for satisfied customers ... the
topic of web hosting goes around about once / month.

HTH