Whoops, solved the one at work, just restarted CF services
but at home this may be a harder nut to crack. I checked out
CF knowledgebase at Macromedia but didnt find exactly what I
was looking for.  So I still have the 404 error problem at
home -- when I installed SP3 I couldnt get IIS to start. When
I took it off IIS started again with MX CF (on Win2k server)
but I got the 404 error because CF administrator (login page -
- index.cfm) was not found.
Thanks

L Marcus