  From: Jim McAtee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 30 September 2003 06:14
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Re: CF Salary Range

  Tim Laureska wrote:

  > I'm more concerned about what someone mentioned previously... the
  > offshore folk who work for peanuts, but still do decent work..... it
  > seems this type of foreign competition is pervasive throughout our
  > economy anymore ... Can anyone give me a reason to say those fears for
  > the future are unfounded??? Sometimes I feel like we're all just
  > "circlin' the drain", albeit slowly

  Are you kidding?  We've only seen the beginning.  Moving programming
offshore
  is about many times as easier than moving manufacturing (it's just another
type
  of manufacturing, anyway, isn't it?) and we've seen how quickly the
  manufacturing job sector of our economy has been lost in the US.  A large
  portion of high paying programming and engineering jobs are about to leave
and
  never return.  And it will happen _much_ faster than we've seen in the
hard
  goods sector.  Ten years or less.  It will be an unprecedented job exodus
the
  likes of which we've never seen before.