From: Mark Leder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:37 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Settle an argument for me

I've been using a UDF called "emailAntiSpam", which replaces an email
address in the source code with extended characters which supposedly
can't
be crawled and picked up by spambots.

So my address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] would look like:

<a
href=""> 112;
&#101;&#97;&#114;&#108;&#121;&#119;&#104;&#105;&#116;&#101;&#115;&#109;&
;&#108;&#101;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;" target="_blank">Notify the
Webmaster</a>

My problem, my client thinks they are still being picked up and used for
spam - I also have a robots.txt file set to disallow bot crawling.

I've had both these in place since day one, when the site was posted
about 3
months ago.

Does it actually work?

Thanks, Mark