Cutter, Another great idea. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks, Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Cutter (CF-Talk) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Settle an argument for me

Mark,

I can't see how they could reverse engineer it (though spammers are
known to get notoriously industrious.) A technique I've used in the past
is to set up a dynamic listing of contacts, which brings up a custom
(branded no less) form for the message, then sends the contactID and
message details to a script which makes a db call for the actual address
to cfmail to. No addresses in code, branded message window, easy contact
maintenance, and tracking as well (if needed.) This might be a better
answer to your client's issues (though their ISP or an internal admin
may have sold their address list anyway, or the spammers are using a
rotation listing to target any address permutation of their domain.)

Cutter

Mark Leder wrote:
> I've been using a UDF called "emailAntiSpam", which replaces an email
> address in the source code with extended characters which supposedly can't
> be crawled and picked up by spambots.
>
> So my address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] would look like:
>
> <a

href=""> >
&#101;&#97;&#114;&#108;&#121;&#119;&#104;&#105;&#116;&#101;&#115;&#109;&#105

  _____