  From: Thomas Chiverton
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 10:03 AM
  Subject: Re: Montara Software's Black Knight now a vailable

  On Thursday 02 Oct 2003 15:46 pm, Raymond Camden wrote:
  > Is that something that really concerns you?

  Imagine me saying to my boss:
  "Hay, check out this bril new bit of thing we can use"
  "That's nice, what's the URL and I'll look at it on my desk"
  "w-w-w-.-montara-software-.com-/-go-/-9-d-5-8-a-5-9-e---d-...
  "Stop there, I'm too busy".

  I mean, that URL is going to look bad in just about everywhere you use it,
  isn't it ?

  I thought the point of /go/<id> URL's was to provide a convient link down into
  the bowels of a site in a quick and easy to use URL...

  --
  Tom C
  "Land of the free, home of the brave... you have to be brave to live there and