I can pull up some posts sent to a closed list from a few years back where there
was an issue with CFHTTP. Seems that you could forge what would show up in the
CGI vars using it. That 'feature' was yanked really fast.
There's 2 different things here. The first is the reported information and the
second is the 'true' information. The reported information (i.e. coming from the
external client) can never be trusted as it can be forged. The 'true'
information is usually true except when its not. Sometimes its easy to forge the
'true' information and sometimes not.