No, I'm not sure of the exact type.  It is running on a HP-UX box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stacy Young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 5:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFLDAP -> ADD difficulty

What type of ldap server? Is it MS?

Stace

  _____

From: Kevin Cundick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 7, 2003 7:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFLDAP -> ADD difficulty

Hi All,

We recently upgraded our CF server from 4.5 to CFMX.  We have an
application
that uses and LDAP server.  Since the upgrade, it won't ADD or MODIFY
accounts in LDAP as it used to.  I have not changed the code at all, and
it
was working.  Each time I try to ADD a new account, I get this error
from
ColdFusion:

An error has occured while trying to execute add operation on the LDAP
Server.

One or more of the required attributes may be missing/incorrect or you
do
not have permissions to execute this operation on the server

the Java Exception thrown is:

coldfusion.tagext.net.LdapTagException: An error has occured while
trying to
execute add operation on the LDAP Server.

I have studied the documentation and I have all required fields, I'm not
sure why it won't add the new record.  Here is the code I use:

<cfldap action="">        DN="uid=#this.user#,ou=Tradepartners,ou=External,o=FJ"

attributes="objectclass=top;objectclass=organization;objectclass=fjcompu
terl
ogin;objectclass=organizationalperson;objectclass=inetorgperson;o=#attri
bute
s.company#;sn=#attributes.lastname#;givenname=#attributes.firstname#;uid
=#th
is.user#;fjaccountstatus=S;userpassword=#attributes.password#;cn=#attrib
utes
.username#;mail=#attributes.mail#"
       server="LDAPServer"
       username="cn=XXX_Admin,ou=Admins,ou=Groups,o=FJ"
       password="xxxxxx">

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me in getting this to
work.

Thanks,
Kevin

  _____