--- Tim Blair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > but is this what is supppose to happen/intended?
>
> Yes.
>
> Any unscoped variable that is created in a function body is
> automatically placed in the variables scope, which is "global" and
> not
> localised to the function, hence future iterations of the same
> function
> can read/overwrite that value.  To localise a variable to the
> function,
> prefix it with "var":

thanks for the link. that is exactly what i needed.  to me, this is
counter-intuitive.  i would think that variables declared in a
function would be local to that function  unless i specifically put
them into another scope.(hence the problem i had)  but that is me.
thanks to everyone for the information.

jason