-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Python is a fantastic language - it's up there with ColdFusion for
general ease-of-coding in my opinion.  If you'd like a very concise and
well-written introduction, this book, Learning Python by O'Reilly
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lpython/) is great.

One great thing about Python is the interactive shell - you can invoke
it from the command line and write scripts interactively without having
to do the save > compile > run thing.  It's great for learning the
language, but it's even better for testing modules.

I'm actually using Python and Coldfusion together with a tool called
Jython - an all-Java implementation of the Python language.  I can
import any Java class/interface/what have you into my Jython program and

run it as I would any other Python app.  The difference, however, is
that it's compiled into Java bytecode, and is invokable inside any Java
application, like, well, ColdFusion.  I've written some simple CFX tags
in Jython and am currently working on using Jython to help write a Java
app framework for CFMX to connect to.

You can write web apps in Zope/Python - and once you're familiar with
the syntax and pecadilloes of Python (tabbing and whitespace are VERY
important) it's fairly straightforward.

- Jim