> I think that Adam Churvis had a go around with this concept and the end
> result is that there is no honor system.  If you put code out there that
is
> downloadable expecting money later, you probably won't make enough to have
> nice dinner out at McDonalds...

Yes, we lost $33,000 in real cash on the HonorWare system.  The total amount
of revenue collected on the HonorWare system was so little that it just
barely paid our attorneys for drafting the End User License Agreement.

I used to think it was because people were dishonest, but I've come to
realize that it's simply because people easily forget such matters, that
there are more important things on peoples' minds as they go about their
daily lives, and that small obligations are easily forgotten within the
timespan of a trial period.  I've done it myself.  I still think people want
to do the right thing, but that we as publishers need to diligently remind
our customers about their obligation.  We now use a copy-protected licensing
model as a friendly reminder that payment is due.

> I would go the money first then code route if you want to make any money
> from it.

As Captain Willard so aptly put it in Apocalypse Now, "Absolutely G$#*&$%
right."

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
ColdFusion MX Master Class:
September 22 - 26, 2003
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!