Yes thats what I was thinking.  Nothing wierd about that,  perfectly
normal/good use of CFCs

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Blair [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 October 2003 15:40
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: flash remoting and dotted directories

> > > I am developing a flash-based site that uses CFCs to communicate
> > > with a MySQL database under Windows (yea... I know it's a weird
> > > config).

> > Why is using a Flash site to talk to MySQl via CFCs a wierd config?

> He is using Flash Remoting. It makes the data transfer between Flash
> and CF much easier and faster.

Yes, but that's not "wierd" in any way - that's what it's there for.
We've done numerous projects using a flash frontend talking to a CFMX
backend (CFCs) running on Linux and using MySQL as the database.  If
that makes "a weird config" well then I guess I'm weird.  :)

Tim.

OUR NEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
Visit our new website at http://www.rawnet.com/ <http://www.rawnet.com/>
and
race around the beautiful Bracknell streets at
http://xmas.rawnet.com/ <http://xmas.rawnet.com/>
Tim Blair
Web Application Engineer, Rawnet Limited
Direct Phone : +44 (0) 1344 393 441
Switchboard : +44 (0) 1344 393 040
This message may contain information which is legally
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of this information is strictly prohibited. Such
notification notwithstanding, any comments, opinions,
information or conclusions expressed in this message
are those of the originator, not of rawnet limited,
unless otherwise explicitly and independently indicated
by an authorised representative of rawnet limited.