You're right, RDS and CVS are not comparable products.  All I was saying was
that problems with RDS (failure to save files after indicating saved, slow
file transfer, missed files in directory searches) were the primary catalyst
for us moving to CVS, which in turn embodied a move to a different protocol.

I'd wanted to move to CVS for a while but my boss always has the belief that
if it's not broke then don't fix it.  I was only allowed to move us to CVS
after demonstrating that RDS was in fact broke.  Perhaps it was our
connection, but we are in the same LAN as our servers (albeit a different
sub-net and building) but we don't have network issues with any other
programs and we had them repeatedly with RDS.

My $0.02.

Sam

Blog:  http://www.rewindlife.com
Chart: http://www.blinex.com/products/charting