>From this point forward you should do all of your file operations from within DWMX 2004, using the Files Panel.
You'll notice that a lock appears next to all your files in the Files Panel.
When you double click a file in the Files Panel, it will check out that file automatically and a green check mark will appear in place of the lock.
If your team members have a file checked out, you should see a red check mark.
When you are working on a file and want to preview your work, you do 'get' instead of check in.
When you are done working on a file, you'll want to check it in.

And that's the bulk of using Check in/out in DWMX 2004.

- Calvin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gyrus
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:21 AM
  Subject: RE: "lite" source control for Homesite+ ?

  At 11:03 15/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
  >Why not consider using DW?

  We've just been experimenting with the MX 2004 trial. We just couldn't
  figure out the check in / check out system. Certainly not with the time
  we've got spare at the moment! Maybe when we're twiddling our thumbs, but
  on top of getting our heads round the DW "Site" system (I just dislike
  working with any of these kind of systems I've tried), there's all the
  other adjustments to make. I know Homesite inside-out, and it does
  everything I need - except this!

  Gyrus
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://norlonto.net/gyrus/dev/