You need to make sure you trim any 'file' field.

IE on a Mac (can't remember which version) always seems to add a
Linefeed Character when the 'file' field is blank

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hodgdon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 October 2003 16:24
To: CF-Talk
Subject: problem with file uploads on a MAC

I was hoping I could get some help on the list.  Sort of at a loss for
this
one.  I am aware there are know issues with the MAC and IE doing for
uploads.  I have two upload boxes on a page.  The first is required and
the
second is optional.  If a user selects both upload options, my code runs
through fine.  However, because of the temp file issue with MACS, if the
user does not select a file for the second option, code errors out
because
it tries an upload.

Has anybody had this issue before?  Do you know a way around it?

Let me know

  _____