I have a site that seems to have problems with confusing users with each
other. This only happens to about 1% or less of the users.  A user will
sign in and the person next to them will sign in and they may get each
others data.  The site uses session.userid as the identifier. The only
place session.userid is set is on the login page. After the
session.userid is set the user is then forwarded to the main page.  This
site was written for CF 5 so it does have lock tags around all writes to
session vars.  I don't think all of the reads are locked any more.  I
have made changes to some of the code since upgrading to CFMX

I thought CFMX fix the session "jumping" problems that CF 5 had and thus
did away with the need to lock session vars, other then in race
conditions.   Is this true?  Is it possible that locking causes a
problem if CFMX?

Thoughts?

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer