Or get the listFirst of it using "." as the delimiter.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/30/03 12:22PM >>>
just do a find, after your list first, and then find the position of the
period, and do a left()
from that point, and it will erase the end, after the & including the
period...

make sense?

...tony

tony weeg
senior web applications architect
navtrak, inc.
www.navtrak.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
410.548.2337

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, Neal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 12:16 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Striping URL

Hello folks...

I am trying to strip part of a url and then take part of the url string and
save it as a variable.

Example:

If I have a url like: http://www.mysite.com/bubbagump.htm
<http://www.mysite.com/bubbagump.htm>

I want to remove the ".htm" and save "bubbagump" as the variable.

Currently I have it working if the url string is
"http://www.mysite.com/bubbagump <http://www.mysite.com/bubbagump> " I save
"bubbagump" as a variable using the code below.

<cfset page = ListFirst(CGI.URL,"/")>

Somehow I need to do both whether it has .htm at the end or not and store
the remanding as the variable.

Any ideas...

Thanks,
- Neal