From: Samuel R. Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 8:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Visual basic/ActiveX

No, learning VB6 first will probably make it harder.

I'd suggest learning C# or VB.NET.  There are few real differences between
C# and VB.NET other than syntax but C# has a much higher standing in the MS
community...VB developers still thought of as second class.  For that
reason, I'd suggest C# instead.

Beware of articles and books by people moving from VB6 to VB.NET that have
no OOP experience.  I remember the first VB conference I went to after .NET
came out was really funny 'cause all the speakers were VB6 pros but none of
them had a real grasp of OOP as you'd gain from studying Java.

My $0.02.

Sam

Blog: http://www.rewindlife.com <http://www.rewindlife.com>
Charts: http://www.blinex.com/products/charting