>Can we do a stats search ourself?
I'll have that build in tonight. Till then, you can use this to view the stats for CF-Talk for the last year:
http://houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/stats.cfm

>A drop of 10% from one month to the next may or may not be significant
>when taken in context of other months eh? ;-)
True. There is so much happening on this and other lists that the CF-Talk stats alone are not to useful. If you took all of the lists and all the stats with website usage as well then we would have something useful.
The HoF site usage has been up which may mean more people are reading through the archives.

>I wonder how many people would disappear if we all had to pay a
>yearly/monthly subscription for these lists?
Lots actually. I've avoided any hint of charging and have even kept FA from being moved to a 'for fee' model as I knew people would leave. This is the whole reason for the attempt at banner ads.