From: Samuel Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 3:14 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: M$ "flash killer"

It'll be 7-10 years before you can consider using this for any real
application.  It requires the avalon sub-system which means we're
talking
2006, and will only work for longhorne users, which means a very limited
user base for a long time (how many people still use windows 98?).

Also, a lot can change in that timeframe.  OSX is growing in popularity
so
MS might not even have so much of a monopoly and cross-platform support
could be even more of an issue--which would negate any possibility of
using
avalon-specific technologies.

However, I could see something to render XAML in Flash or an XSLT to
convert
XAML to LZX or whatever Royale will use.

My $0.02.

Sam