C. Hatton Humphrey wrote:

> Okay, this is more for a hosting provider I'm dealing with than me, but I
> thought I'd go ahead and fire the question out - has anyone had experience
> with the HSphere Control Panel in working with ColdFusion and creating CF
> DSN's for accounts?
>
> The panel has an ODBC DSN tool which they say doesn't create the "right
> kind" of DSN for CF to use.  Not sure if that sounds right to me or not.

ODBC DSN's are a pain in CF MX. While CF 5 and earlier could use
ODBC DSN's defined in the OS directly, for CF MX they need to be
defined in the OS, in the ODBC Server and in CF MX. So the story
does sound right to me.
Best thing would be not to use ODBC but to use pure Java
datasources (JDBC Type 3 or 4). Setting them up is very easy to
automate in CF MX, all you need to do is add a key to the
datasources structure in the datasourceservice:
http://spike.oli.tudelft.nl/jochemd/index.cfm?PageID=12

Jochem

--
Who needs virtual reality