Hi Hatton,

I am sorry to hear about your hosting dilemma.

> They can easily create them with the CF Administrator
> panel but obviously that's not something they'll open
> up to the public.

Are you saying that your host refuses to create a DSN for you manually,
merely because their choice of control panels doesn't support the
function natively?  Egads.

While it is correct to suggest that CF Admin is typically off-limits,
please know that a number of quality ColdFusion hosts DO allow
self-service creation and management of DSNs on MX hosting servers, not
to mention a slew of other CF Admin functions.  I would even venture to
guess that most hosts who do not provide such self-service tools will,
at the very least, offer to setup DSNs and other resources for you
manually in CF Admin.

I apologize if this is less than helpful, but I hate to see you
believing that this sort of limitation is status quo among CF hosting
providers.

Dave

--

David M. Delbridge