> does bluetooth give any web access in its PAN?
> I guess lets say you had a wireless device with internet
> access and bluetooth on it as well, could a pda within
> that PAN get out to the web to, lets say, get email?

The short answer to that is, yes. I do this all the time. I can get on the
internet with my Pocket PC, using my Bluetooth phone as a modem. The longer
answer is, it depends on the devices. Bluetooth just lets you connect them;
what you can do with connected devices depends on the capabilities and
purposes of each device. For example, you can get Bluetooth headsets, but
you can't connect those to the internet for obvious reasons.

Using a Pocket PC and Bluetooth, though, you can do anything that any other
networked device can do - read email, browse the web, run traceroute and
ping, run Terminal Server or VNC clients, run a web server! (It doesn't do
that last one all that well, though.)

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496