I had a similar problem a while ago, although it says "localhost" it's not really using localhost (it's using the static ip of your box).

so, if you have any firewalls, ipsec rules etc.. disable them and run the connector executable again. You can also check the log files to dig more info.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Angel Stewart
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 11:00 PM
  Subject: Error with Web Connector after installing CFMX 6.1

  I got some errors with CFMX, where it had totally stopped processing CFM
  pages. All I would get when I visited a CFM page was a blank screen.

  I've just uninstalled, rebooted..reinstalled and rebooted CFMX.

  After the reinstall I got a message saying that the web connector
  installation had failed, and I would have to try manually.

  I just ran the Web connector wizard, and I get this error message:

  The connection to the remote JNDI server on host localhost port 2901 has
  failed (as have all backup hosts listed if any) Please verify that the
  server is running and the NamingService is available.

  Any idea what the problem could be and how to fix this?

  This is on my development PC...

  -Gel