I just got notice of an RIA for MAX

"Download an exciting new desktop application (free).
The Macromedia Central MAX Guide includes detailed news and information on
sessions and conference events. If you're bringing your laptop to MAX this
guide will be an indispensable tool. You can find your way around the
conference using the interactive map, set up alerts for when a session is
about to begin, and get updated news whenever you are connected."

For me this is completely useless since I know better than to lug around a
laptop for this kind of thing. I was hoping for a PDA utility so that it
would actually be portable.

So to focus discussion and not make this too OT, do other people find
Central to be the the wrong solution for the right technology? I really like
the RIA concept, but distributing through Central just seems too awkward.
What I see it needing to be useful for us:

1. A localized Central server option. It would be a great way to distribute
our tools or tools we've approved to our employees. But telling our people
to go find something at the MM run Central would be too confusing. (If this
is already announced, somebody slap me. I just haven't seen it.)

2. A PDA Central. The entire reason we're interested in free-standing RIAs
is for the PDA.

-Kevin