Jeremy Brodie wrote:
> Larry,
>
> Some of the critical questions to help you in your search.
>
> 1) Do you need to search locally from a CD/DVD or from a server?
> 2) In what file format is the manual (PDF, word docs, etc)
> 3) What will you use as your user interface for searching the manual
> (flash, HTML, etc)?
> 4) What is your budget?
> 5) Are there any components of the manual located on the server
> (diagrams, videos, and so on)?
> 6) If using a CD, what platforms will the target audiance use?
>
> If you're searching directly from a CD/DVD then you'll need to bundle DT
> search (the others require a server) and create an interface that
> interacts with the search program either using Flash or Java Swing
> (assuming not everyone has Windows).
>
> Jeremy Brodie
> Intelix
> an Edgewater Technology Solutions Company

Good questions. As far as I know (remember its a friend who looking at
the search engines) its for technicians and engineers who need to access
the technical manuals on the shop floor. As far as I know, the computers
will all be the same. I've passed along the question list to my friend.

Again thanks for your help.

larry