I thought of that, but for the sake of argument let's say I am storing
a date object in my DB.  If I reschedule the meeting then I would like
to just directly alter the values, not compute an offest then add
them.  Their is no copy ocntructor that I can see, so I have been
creating a new datetime object using the individual properties of the
old date object. It seems clumsy.