From: "Dwayne Cole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: SOT: OO Design

> From a OO prospective both "funny Money" and Time may be considered
consumables and both would have a method called consume.  You would then
model "funny Money" and "real" money as childern of the parent class
consumable.  Well no need to transfer you Relational model to an OO one it's
probably to late that. The thing is how can you take advantage of the power
of elegance cfc's you can do that with out going OO.  OO cfc's is good for
persistant objects and it sounds like you might be able to create a
persistant object called project. Task and Deliverables and Consumbles can
all have a .cfc or .cfm page that holds all functions related to their
database interaction. It's not a complete OO model but at least it gets you
moving in the right direction and alows you to leverage the component
framework.

> From: "Deanna Schneider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:03:10 -0600
>
> >It's anything that costs actual money (as opposed to our time, which is
> >tracked differently and is only "funny money"). For example, it's an
outside
> >contractor's services (because we actually pay them) as well as blank
disks
> >for a CD duplication job. You have to bill consumables to a particular
task
> >which is part of a particular project. Make sense?
> >
> >This is just one tiny piece of this whole wonky system. Don't even get me
> >started on how a budget isn't really required, but if there is one,
> >sometimes you bill out the whole budget even if we haven't provided
services
> >or goods that meet the whole budget, and other times we go over and don't
> >bill at all. It's a university. What can I say.
> >
> >-d

Task