We have been suffering from this problem with CFMX 6.1 that a lot of people
seem to have been having, where CF seizes up periodically. Every time this
happens we have to log in remotely and restart the CFMX services.

I'm trying to set up a system on my desktop that will detect that there's a
problem on the server and fix it automatically. Maybe I'm making this too
complicated, but this is what I've done:

1. Downloaded Swatch from www.defusion.com  (great job Duncan)

2. Set it to monitor the site periodically and if it fails, mail me and also
run wget to hit an ASP script on the server (I'm assuming ASP will work even
even CF is stuck).

3. The ASP page does this:

Dim shell
Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
shell.Run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cfmxrestart.bat"
Set shell = nothing

4. Then finally, cfmxrestart.bat does this (thanks Pete)

@echo off
REM - File: cfmxrestart.bat
REM - Description: Restart's ColdFusion MX Services
REM - Author: Pete Freitag CFDEV.COM
net stop "ColdFusion MX Application Server"
net stop "ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent"
net stop "ColdFusion MX ODBC Server"
net start "ColdFusion MX Application Server"
net start "ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent"
net start "ColdFusion MX ODBC Server"

I'm testing this all out and everything seems to work except the ASP script.
Both locally and remotely, it just seems to hang. So:

- Does anyone know how to get it to work?
- Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Nick