I have an oracle table that is defined has a date field in it.  When I allow
the user to enter information and they enter the date and save it,
everything goes great.

The problem is, when the user saves the record without entering the date.  I
get an error.  Before I save the data I do the following.

<cfif TRIM(Form.STOREAGEDATE) IS "">
        <cfset FORM.STOREAGEDATE = " " >        (I suspect the problem is
here)
<cfelse>
        <cfset FORM.STOREAGEDATE = #DateFormat(FORM.STOREAGEDATE,
"dd-mmm-yy")#>
</cfif>

How do I save a date field without putting in a real date?  I know I have
missed something in my reading.

Thank you

Jim Ray