Welcome to the list!  More information on your problem would be useful.

How did you nest your arrays to get five dimensional arrays (CF only
supports 3 dimensional arrays directly)?  What version of CF are we
talking about?

What error are you getting?  Are you sure that the last element is, in
fact, an array (have you run an IsArray() on it to be sure)?

I would do that first (test for the existence of the array) first - also
you may try CFDUMPing the array to examine how it's being
constructed/viewed by CF.

I'm curious tho' - why use a 5 dimensional array?  I've just never heard
of a problem that needed one.

(You'll find this helpful. but we're also downright inquisitive.)

Jim Davis