--=====================_50487748==_.ALT

No, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.
Using MAXROWS on the Query will limit the number of rows retrieved from the database,
which will cut off the list of results. Queries do not have a STARTROW.

To show a page at a time I must use STARTROW and MAXROWS on the <CFOUTPUT QUERY=xxx>

At 04:40 PM 8/2/00 +0100, Anthony Geoghegan wrote:
>|I am using STARTROW and MAXROWS to display one page at a time,
>|and calling the same page with different arguments to change
>|the page I am displaying... BUT this reexecutes the query each
>|time. This query searches through a large database and takes a
>|little time. This is a pretty inefficient way to do it (I think).
>
>Make sure you use maxrows on the cfquery tag, to limit the query to your
>maxrows cfoutput size.
>Also A verity search will probably produce a quicker response then a
>standard select statement.
>
>Regards,
>Anthony Geoghegan
>Lead Developer
>Ireland Film and Television Net
>26 South Frederick Street
>Dublin 2
>Ireland
>Tel: +353 1 671 3664
>Fax: +353 1 671 0763
>Web: www.iftn.ie www.wow.ie
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>NOTICE:
>This communication is confidential.  The copyright in this communication
>belongs to Ireland Film & Television Net (IFTN) or a third party.
>
>If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete
>and destroy all copies and telephone IFTN on +353 1 671 3664 immediately.
>If you are the intended recipient of this communication you should not copy,
>disclose or distribute this communication without the authority of IFTN.
>
>Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender
>except where the sender specifically states those are of view of IFTN.
>
>Except as required by law IFTN does not represent, warrant, and/guarantee
>that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the
>communication is free of virus, interception or interference.

Peter Theobald, Chief Technology Officer
LiquidStreaming http://www.liquidstreaming.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone 1.212.545.1232 Fax 1.212.679.8032

--=====================_50487748==_.ALT

Using MAXROWS on the Query will limit the number of rows retrieved from
the database, which will cut off the list of results. Queries do not have
a STARTROW. <br>
To show a page at a time I must use STARTROW and MAXROWS on the
&lt;CFOUTPUT QUERY=xxx&gt;<br>
At 04:40 PM 8/2/00 +0100, Anthony Geoghegan wrote:<br>
one page at a time, <br>
|and calling the same page with different arguments to change <br>
|the page I am displaying... BUT this reexecutes the query each <br>
|time. This query searches through a large database and takes a <br>
|little time. This is a pretty inefficient way to do it (I think).<br>
Make sure you use maxrows on the cfquery tag, to limit the query to
your<br>
maxrows cfoutput size.<br>
Also A verity search will probably produce a quicker response then
a<br>
standard select statement.<br>
Regards,<br>
Anthony Geoghegan<br>
Lead Developer<br>
Ireland Film and Television Net<br>
26 South Frederick Street<br>
Dublin 2<br>
Ireland<br>
Tel: +353 1 671 3664<br>
Fax: +353 1 671 0763<br>
Web: <a href="http://www.iftn.ie/" eudora="autourl">www.iftn.ie</a>
NOTICE:<br>
This communication is confidential.&nbsp; The copyright in this
communication<br>
belongs to Ireland Film &amp; Television Net (IFTN) or a third
party.<br>
If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please
delete<br>
and destroy all copies and telephone IFTN on +353 1 671 3664
immediately.<br>
If you are the intended recipient of this communication you should not
copy,<br>
disclose or distribute this communication without the authority of
IFTN.<br>
Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual
sender<br>
except where the sender specifically states those are of view of
IFTN.<br>
Except as required by law IFTN does not represent, warrant,
and/guarantee<br>
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
the<br>
communication is free of virus, interception or interference.<br>

Peter Theobald, </b>Chief Technology Officer<br>
href="http://www.liquidstreaming.com/" eudora="autourl"><font size=2